I love buttercream flowers because they are super easy and super effective. I know what you are thinking, ‘Easy for you to say Neetha’! Right? I know, I know. It was not easy for me either when I started piping flowers, but once you get the hang of it, trust me, the possibilities are endless! Hope you enjoy this Spring Buttercream Flower Cupcakes Tutorial.
Remember, like any art form, buttercream flower piping and painting also need consistent practice. If you’d like to learn it all in a structured, effective way, check out our Online School – It will be a game-changer in your cake journey – Buttercream Petals Masterclass
How to Pipe a Buttercream Rose
- Using a Wilton 104 nozzle Pipe a cone in the middle of the cupcake
- Pipe two curved closed petals on either side of the cone, wrapping it against each other. You should have a small hole in the middle.
- Pipe more curved upright petals all around the bud.
How to Pipe easy Buttercream Hydrangeas
- Prepare a piping bag with half violet-half pink buttercream and Wilton 224 nozzle. Hold the piping bag perpendicular and pipe small drop flowers on the cupcake.
- Add layers of flowers to form a cluster of Hydrangea flowers.
- Finish off by piping leaves using a Wilton 352 nozzle.
How to Pipe Buttercream Camellia
- Prepare a piping bag with Wilton 104 nozzle.
- Place the nozzle at a 30-degree angle with the narrow end of the nozzle facing outwards. Pipe a fan-shaped petal. Pipe the next petal by placing the nozzle underneath the petal that you have already piped. Keep piping all around the cupcake.
- Add 2 or 3 layers and finish off by piping small strands of buttercream in the middle resembling stamens of the flower.
These flowers can also be piped on a greaseproof paper, frozen for 10 mins and then assembled on cupcakes or cakes.
Hope you enjoyed the Spring Buttercream Flower Cupcakes Tutorial!
If you love buttercream flower piping and would like to master the art and learn our Signature Buttercream recipe that makes all this magic happen, check this out – 25 Buttercream Flowers
If you have any questions, write to me email@example.com, I would love to hear from you 🙂
Until next time,