Hello 🙂 Here’s my Pistachio Rose Sponge Cake Recipe. This gorgeous cake not only tastes great but smells divine too! The aroma of the dried rose petals with the nutty flavour of pistachio works wonders in this delicate Pistachio-Rose Sponge Cake! And the texture of this cake is cloudy, melt in the mouth good!
Hands down, this is one of my favourite recipes of all time! Don’t miss it, click below and save the recipe 🙂
Ingredients (Makes two 8 inch sandwich tins)
- 200 grams Caster Sugar
- 230 grams Butter
- 230 grams Self-raising Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Rose Extract
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp chopped Pistachios
- 2 tbsp dried Rose Petals
- 1 tbsp of pistachios and rose petals each to garnish
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Warm water
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan oven.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy for 5 mins.
- Add lightly beaten eggs, Rose extract and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and baking powder (beat for less than 1o seconds in medium speed). Fold everything in with a spatula.
- Gently fold in 2 tbsp chopped pistachios and 2 tbsp dried rose petals
- Bake for about 25-30 mins (if in sandwich tins) or 45 minutes (if in deep pan) or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Invert in a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Prepare sugar glaze by mixing 1/4 cup icing sugar with enough warm water to thin it enough so it is spreadable. Spread this glaze over cake layers.
- Garnish with dried pistachios and rose petals
You can serve this cake with or without buttercream.
Buttercream flavouring idea – Flavour your buttercream with rose extract instead of vanilla extract.
Hope you have enjoyed this Pistachio Rose Sponge Cake Recipe. If you have any questions regarding this technique or cake decorating in general, feel free to ask me, email firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
Want to Master the Art of Buttercream Cake Decorating? From Baking to Cake Decorating, we got you covered!
Click here >> BUTTERCREAM PETALS ONLINE SCHOOL