Hello 🙂 Here is a tutorial on how I made this Flower Meringue Cookies. It is super fun to do and oh so delicious! I served them with some fresh berries and whipped cream, voila!
Flower Meringue Cookie Recipe
Eggwhites – 4 large nos
Caster Sugar – 1 cup
Vinegar – 1/4 tsp
Flavouring (Vanilla) – 1tsp
1. Preheat fan oven to 100 degree Celsius.
2. Beat 4 egg whites & 1/4 tsp vinegar from low to high speed using a stand mixer or handheld mixer till its lightly foamy. It took me 3 mins to get to this stage.
3. Add 1 cup caster sugar slowly, 1 tablespoon at a time. You can also add 1 tsp vanilla extract or any flavouring of your choice. Beat on high speed until it is firm and holds peak. I beat for 6 minutes in total.
4. Feel the mixture under your fingers, if you can feel the sugar crystals, then continue to beat for 2 mins until the mixture is nice and smooth
5. Once the mixture is done you can mix colours. You have to do this fairly quickly and bake it straight away. No need to rush but it is best if the mixture is not left out for too long. So have the oven preheated and ready.
6. Bake in a fan oven for 1 hour, 100-degree Celcius and switch off the oven.. and leave the meringues in the oven for another 2 hours to dry. This will ensure the meringues are nice and Crispy ❤️
P.S: This is a very casual video I recorded on my mobile so it doesn’t have the high quality of the Online School videos. Hope you enjoy the video 🙂