As my Instagram and Facebook friends might have already sensed, I am loving the Buttercream Palette knife painting and the endless possibilities of this technique! As promised, here’s a fun cupcake tutorial for you to try! Hope you enjoy it.
Before you watch the video, let me tell you the benefits of this technique.
- The cupcake to frosting ratio is perfect. As much as I love buttercream, I do not prefer a cupcake with more frosting than the cake. Buttercream palette knife painting is just perfect, more cake and just enough of our delicious buttercream.
- It looks more complicated than what it is. Yes, true story. It was actually much easier to paint these than painting flowers.
- Wow factor! I made these cupcakes for a garden party and they were a hit! It had the holiday, fun vibe to it that everyone loved them!
- Our Signature buttercream (So light and glossy, a dream to paint)
- Wilton Gel colours
- Hobbycraft Palette knives – small one.
That’s it! Hope you would try this super fun project and do let me know how it went 🙂
If you are keen to learn more and truly develop your voice in the buttercream world, why don’t you check out our Online classes?
In our Online School you will learn – Our Signature and Classic Buttercream recipes, 25 different buttercream flower piping, Two individual floral cake projects, Flowerpot cake, Stained glass cake, and Palette knife painted cake! All of the buttercream skills that you will ever need to rock your own signature cake projects!
Oh, and did you read about my student Marie Perry and her awesome journey into the world of cakes! If you haven’t, click here. I do love a good success story and this one is all about cakes too. Double points!
If you have a request for a technique that you would like me to feature here next, write to me, email@example.com
Until next time 🙂